Thursday, April 30, 2009

Knowing the Knower

As I continue thinking through the whole idea of knowing God and being known by God. I'm not 100% sure which is more remarkable - the concept that I can know God or that He knows me.

I guess I think of it like this - as a pastor, I can have a lot of people that feel a special connection with me. And if I am open and transparent as a pastor - a lot of people may say that they know me. Being the pastor of a relatively small church, for the most part I would also say that I know these people. But when I think of pastors of much larger churches, there comes a point when the pastor may be familiar with the faces that attend on Sunday morning or may recognize a person's name - but does this pastor really know the people that would say they know him or her?

God has made himself readily available to each and every one of us. We can know Him, we can worship Him, but the very thought that He KNOWS each and everyone of us sometimes blows me away. In God's eyes - I AM SOMEBODY. In God's eyes - each and everyone of us is a person of significance and importance. How cool is that?

No comments: