Thursday, April 9, 2009

Big, Bold and Beautiful

The third evidence of Knowing God - is that those people that know God show great boldness for God. Jesus said:

If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." Mark 8:38 (NLT)

We need to wrecklessly pursue Christ with our lives - not the things of this world. The bible teaches us that no matter what we do - we should do it for the Lord - not for man.

I am in no way saying that we should completely disregard the opinions of man in our pursuit of Christ - the bible teaches us also to speak the truth in love and to do everything within our power to live at peace with our fellow man. But I am saying that we should never be ashamed to do what Christ is calling us to do.

God has a purpose for each of us. It is His purpose, not ours. Our lives are not our own and we should not hold back or be afraid to pursue Him withour lives because of what others may think of us.

In the same way we should never back down from what Christ has called us to just because we are afraid taht we may fail. If we only do the things that we are capable of doing on our own - always living our lives in fear and trepidation - then whose purpose are we fulfilling? Ours or God's?

People who know God and have given their lives to Him - and who trust Him with their lives will not be afraid to take risks for Him. If I live my life for Him and choose to give my life for His purposes and He chooses to pour it out as a sacrifice of offering to His glory - then so be it. God is God - I am not. I will serve Him with all that I am - choosing to pursue His purpose rather than my own.

Surley goodness and mercy will follow me all of the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen

No comments: