Wednesday, April 8, 2009

God is Great

The second evidence of Knowing God is that those people that KNOW God have great thoughts of God. When I first read this I was a little confused, but as I thought about it - it all made sense.

Who or what is God to you? Is He a friend and confidant? Is He a shoulder to cry on when life is against you? Is He a good luck charm? Is He a mascot for your life? Or is He the ALMIGHTY GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, master and creator of all things - the author and giver of life?

How do you approach God? Flippantly and in your spare time? Or do you humbly come into His presence waiting on the edge of your seat - hanging on His every word? Are you desparate to be in His presence and to hear from Him?

Psalm 42:1-2 (NLT)1... As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. 2 I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?

When can I go and stand before the Lord? We can do it any time - we can do it all the time. But do we? If we truly KNOW God and recognize Him for who and what He really is we will pursue Him with all that we have.

No comments: