Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wow that's a bit confusing

This should be fun. I am once again posting from my blackberry and my thums already hurt - so I'm going to keep it short.

Isaiah 40:1-11, like much of the rest of Isaiah contains prophecy that is yet to be fulfilled. As such it is not something that we should read and be alarmed by. It is in fact something that should bring us encouragement and hope.

For instance in Isaiah 40 I see a couple of things. First, no matter how hard it gets, God is in control and there will be a day when the entire Earth comes under submission to Him. I can't wait.

The other thing that I love is the statement that no matter what else happens. The word of the Lord endures forever. Always hang onto the word of thr Lord.

Even when the Bible seems difficult to understand, look for the small truths that you can pull out and apply to your life. The more you read the more you will understand.

No comments: